Although we do our best to help owners rehome their pets, if we take your pet into our facility, we need to charge a surrender fee to help pay for the care of these animals since our adoption fee does not even begin to cover these costs.
Surrender fees are noted below. We are also happy to coach you for free to help you rehome your own pet. If you need to rehome a pet, please send an email to HPHScats@Gmail.com for cat assistance, or HPHS@Ymail.com for dogs.
CAT SURRENDER FEES
- Altered Cat $20
- Unaltered Cat or Kitten $40
- Litter of Kittens (3 to 6 kittens up to 4 months old) $60 total
- Mother with a litter of kittens $75
- Sick or Injured Kitten or Cat $50 (minimum)
DOG SURRENDER FEES
- Standard Surrender Fee For All Dogs and Puppies $60 each
- For Dogs over 6 month old AND
- NOT up-to-date on shots, add an additional $40
- NOT altered, add an additional $180
With the approval of the Dog Program Manager, Dog Surrender Fees may be broken into monthly payments for low income households.
Available cats and dogs are listed on this blog as well as on our Facebook Page, Petfinder.com and Adopt-a-pet.com. If you are interested in adopting, please send an email to HPHScats@Gmail.com for cat information, or HPHS@Ymail.com for dogs. We would be happy to talk to you.
Our adoption fees are shown below. They are set to reimburse us for most of our basic medical costs. These fees do not reimburse us for boarding or feeding the animals, nor do they pay for treating illnesses or injuries or for our operational costs (like paying the utility bill, Thrift Store building mortgage, or property and liability insurance). Without these fees, we could not stay in business, so thank you for helping your local animals by adopting your pets from us!
CAT ADOPTION FEES
- Kittens and Adult Cats up to 7 years old $90
- Senior Cats (over 7 years) $60
- Cats with a Chronic Condition $60
- 2 Cats or Kittens adopted together $150
- Seniors for Seniors (for Seniors 55 years and older)
- Adopt a Senior Cat (or Cat with a Chronic Condition) $40
DOG ADOPTION FEES
- Puppies (up to 6 months old) $350
- Young Dogs (6 to 18 mo) $240
- Adult Dogs (over 18 mo) $180
- Senior Dogs (7 years and older) $120
All dogs and puppies are up-to-date on shots, spayed or neutered, and micro-chipped.